Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Sometimes things just work out...

A good friend suggested that I read "Bird by Bird" by Anne Lamott. It's her reflection on writing and life, and is filled with wisdom and humor. So, after class let out on Monday, I made my way over to Books-A-Million. When I got up to the register, the clerk mentioned that my membership would run out in five days, so I renewed. And guess what? They happened to have a special running and I got a free BAM tote bag.

If you're a writer or want to be a writer, "Bird by Bird" is a good place to start. Or if you're like me and just get stuck sometimes, it's good to read Lamott, because you realize there's someone else out there who gets it -- and can tell you how to get back out of it. And if you're having a particularly lucky day, you get a free tote bag as part of the bargain.

Thanks.

3 comments:

Annette said...

Woohoo for the free tote bag! How is the writing going?

Triviales Wissen said...

I guess that answers my query from a couple of weeks ago, eh? I hope it's going well and that you're finding inspiration wherever or however it comes to you! :-)

Anonymous said...

Is the Anne Lamott book "Grace (Eventually) Thoughts on Faith" yours? I guess so, it has some of your boarding passes in it. Hope the writer's block is a thing of the past.