Saturday, August 04, 2007

GAH!!!

So, I got an email today from my friend Cindy. She's been watching my apartment for me while I'm in Europe.

She checked my apartment this morning, and noticed that there were several empty apartments, that a lot of people seemed to be moving out, and that the bushes (beautiful bushes!) in front of the complex had all been cut down. Then she noticed a letter on my door, which relayed the following information:

It says that the Broadway apts were sold to a condo developer and the new owner will not be renewing any leases. It continues, "Please proceed with plans to find a new place to live. The new owner will allow you to move any time with a 30 day written notice. Return your keys to Metcalf's office. Please provide our forwarding address so we can refund your deposit.

If you need a rental reference, please call 879-2177 and press zero for the operator. We apologize for any inconvenience. Metcalf was not involved in the recent sale. The Oakley Group was the selling agent."

HA! Life is fun. Prayers are appreciated. Anyone who wants to come to Birmingham on vacation and help me move will also be appreciated :-). I'll provide pizza and beer!!

This is really just to let you know what's going on. Proof that God has a huge sense of humor. Lots of love to all of you :-).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! What a bummer! I know how much you loved your apartment. Do you have someone looking for a new place for you while you're gone? You have a really short turn around when you get back before classes start, right? Definite prayers coming your way from the greater ATX area.

Triviales Wissen said...

That sucks! When does your lease end? And didn't this happen to you once in Austin, too, IIRC?

texasinafrica said...

Aaaaghh! Any chance you can buy your apartment a la Sex in the City?