Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Recipe of the day

So, I subscribe to the ediets newsletter, though I wouldn't dare proclaim myself to be on a diet ... mainly because I indulge in Gelato and Bluebell on the side. But every once in a while they have yummy, easy recipes and I wanted to share. Also, a number of you have been wondering whether I've disappeared altogether, so I thought I should post SOMETHING. So, here's today's recipe:

Farfalle with Asparagus and Smoked Salmon
Submitted by Myra
Pistachios, basil and smoked salmon. Three flavor delights in this wonderfully appealing pasta salad. Lemon juice and a splash of olive oil finish it off.
Serves 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes

Cook time: 20 minutes

Total time: 150 minutes
Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package farfalle pasta

0.5 cup fresh steamed asparagus tips

1 ounce smoked salmon, chopped1 lemon, juiced

1 tablespoon chopped pistachio nuts

1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil

1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oilsalt and pepper to taste

Directions
1.In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
2. Steam the asparagus over boiling water and cook until tender but still firm. Drain, cool and chop.
3. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, asparagus, smoked salmon, lemon juice, pistachios, basil, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate for 2 hours. Remove from refrigerator and serve at room temperature.

3 comments:

texasinafrica said...

So glad to know you're alive. And that sounds really good. :)

Anonymous said...

That does sound good and easy. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Despite what Texas in Africa wrote about you "being alive", I have begun to wonder...maybe that recipe wasn't so good after all!