Thursday, April 26, 2007

Life is just good.


This picture was taken on the road from Bitche, France to Germany. Just beautiful, like today, but I'll get to that in a minute.


This is a picture of the untakeable citadelle of Bitche, for those of you who don't believe it exists.... built in the 18th century by some very famous citadelle builder.

And the reason for all of this loveliness? Because it's a beautiful day, but I didn't have my camera with me, and can't find my charger at any rate. I had lunch (dinner? - what do you call it, when the first meal you eat is after 3:00 p.m.) at the most beautiful spot in Birmingham today.

Tip Top Grill sits on top of Shades Mountain, overlooking the valley. It's only 15 minutes from my place, but when you're up there, you can't see the city at all, just rolling hills and lovely trees in all the different shades of green. Burgers are $1.75 and delicious; add the fries and sweet tea, and it's pretty close to perfect.

Hope your day is just as perfect.

This was taken last summer; at the foot of the aforementioned citadelle. They're so proud of it, they built a little garden around the base.

2 comments:

texasinafrica said...

The weather, if not my day, was almost perfect as well. Although I didn't get to spend it in a place called Bitche. :)

Triviales Wissen said...

Gorgeous pics!

You could do a "visit all the oddly-named places in Europe" tour. Go to Bitche in France, Fucking in Austria, etc.

So what's your Wednesday schedule like? I expect to get to Meridian, MS on the 8th, which would put me in B'ham roughly 10-12ish, depending on when I get up on the 9th.