Friday, March 09, 2007

No Prize for You!!

Well, The Cute One and "He Who Obeys" are the only two who bothered to answer the quiz. Both were wrong. But The Cute One will win the prize, because she answered first -- and because He Who Obeys was just trying to ride her coattails to victory.

As a review, here's the question:

Who was the last person to leave his footprint on the moon?
A. Frank Borman
B. Alan Shepard
C. Michael Collins
D. Eugene Cernan

And the answer is.....

D. Eugene Cernan.

Here are his last words (thanks to Wikipedia):
"As we leave the Moon at Taurus-Littrow, we leave as we came, and God
willing, as we shall return, with peace and hope for all mankind. As I take
these last steps from the surface for some time to come, I'd just like to record
that America's challenge of today has forged man's destiny of tomorrow. Godspeed
the crew of Apollo Seventeen."

5 comments:

Annette said...

Woohoo! I rule! What did I win?

Angela said...

Your prize is already en route...

Anonymous said...

I gave the most thoughful answer and you like "the cute one" better than me ...

Annette said...

I received my prize!! I love it!!! I laughed and laughed. Wes laughed a little too - although I am not sure it was whole hearted :).

Thanks!

Annette

Angela said...

Well, I'll send a Wes-appropriate prize next time. So glad you liked it!!! I expect to see it displayed prominently when I come to visit.