Monday, March 05, 2007

There they go again...

So, several prominent evangelicals are calling for the ouster of NAE staffer Rich Cizik, because he had the audacity to call for evangelicals to see climate change and global warming as a moral issue.

James Dobson went so far as to say that international regulations of emissions backed by Cizik and others targeting America were "anti-capitalistic and an underlying hatred for America."

I don't know what your Bible tells you, but mine tells me that God gave his creation to us to take care of, not to destroy. And I've looked and looked, but have found not a single verse telling me to be a capitalist and love America.

I'm not a scientist, but it doesn't take a genius to recognize that all of the trash we toss out into the atmosphere might actually affect the environment. Give me a break. There are, what, a little over 6 1/2 billion human beings at this point?

1 comment:

Bob Ferguson said...

In my humble opinion James Dobson is one of the most dangerous men in America. He started out good with his children's stuff ... but has gone over the top with his fame as a "right wing" Christian leader.