Thursday, July 19, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling - Books - Review - New York Times

This is not ok. The New York Times has already published a review of Harry Potter, and the book's not even out yet. I read it in all innocence, thinking it would be one of the usual previews, but it reveals quite a bit of what happens and even reveals what the title of the book means.

I'm so annoyed. So, don't read this review by Michiko Kakutani, who had NO BUSINESS revealing so much before the book even comes out, until you've had a chance to look at the book yourself.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling - Books - Review - New York Times

3 comments:

Annette said...

I can't believe it! What a scandal!! Even JK herself has been begging everyone to keep the secrets to themselves. They should have warned you about spoilers. BOOOOOOO to the NYT.

Triviales Wissen said...

Oh man... I would be sooo angry! I've become a serious anti-spoiler person after having a couple of recent things spoiled for me.

Triviales Wissen said...

Ok, I've read the review (some 14 hours after I started reading and some 20 minutes after finishing the book), and other than telling what the title means, the reviewer really didn't give a lot away.
Doesn't make it the least bit ok to publish it early, though!