Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ok, I'm cheating...

but this is too good not to share. It's been printed twice already, and I'm going to quote this section here just in case you missed it ... because it's too good to miss, and too important not to read it again and again. And all I have to add is "Amen and Amen".

Reconcile. What does it mean to be reconciled to one another and to God?
Does it mean we agree to tolerate one another's differences, while privately holding the conviction that the other person is wrong? Does it mean we must all be alike in thought and word and deed? Does it mean that we must have identical theologies, worship styles and sermons?I don't believe it does. I'm not the sort of Christian who believes that the only true Christians are those who believe and worship exactly as I do. I'm just not convinced that God works that way.

God's grace is too wide, God's mercy is too deep, God's creation
of a diverse world suggests so clearly that we're not all meant to be the same.
I think that applies to thought and theology as well as to physical appearance and temperament.

If we're all created in the image of God, then we all have something to learn about God's nature from one another.

1 comment:

texasinafrica said...

I think I need to start giving you 20% of my earnings for your publicity fee. :) Seriously, thanks. This is sweet of you.