Sunday, May 27, 2007

Birthday fun!

So, I'm 36.


It's been kind of fun :). The institution of higher education where I teach gathered en masse to pay hommage. They referred to it as "Commencement". I got to sit onstage in a folding chair for two 1/2 hours, listening to a long list of names; some I knew, some I didn't, some we were REALLY happy to see get on with things :).

Then my friend Slidemaster B drove down from Huntsville. He's becoming quite the well-known Trombonist in these parts and had a gig on Sunday morning at 7 a.m. "Sure, you can sleep here" I said magnanimously, knowing all the things I'd need help with in my quest to move out for the next 3 months. He showed up around 1 and was put to work in the heat. Thanks so much!!!

We finally got everything together and at 4 p.m. a very unhappy cat and I got on the road back home, where Lasagna and homemade chocolate cake waited.


Dana, my brother's girlfriend, came over to join in all the fun. Aren't we cute?

Dad had made the cake himself, and was very proud of his handiwork.
Some people are very amused at how old I'm getting :).

My brother, the polymer scientist. He's got a bit of a "Grizzly Adams" thing going on, but it's alright.

This morning (Sunday), Dad made scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, biscuits, and blueberry muffins. We're all so spoiled!! It was delicious.

This is Maya the cat nearing the end of her two-year extended stay at Kitty Fat Camp. She's THRILLED to have her darling cousin Bella, who wants to play and play, in the house. You can see from the picture how much weight she's lost ... at this point a little plastic surgery for the extra skin might be nice, but she is as lovely, if as annoyed, as ever.

Bella has been having fun exploring all of the nooks and crannies around here.

And now it's time for a nice cuppa.

Have a great day!!!

2 comments:

Richard said...

Happy Birthday ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it to LA OK, and had a good birthday- have fun overseas!