Thursday, May 17, 2007

bubbling over with joy...



because I'm going to Austin this weekend. And there are other reasons I choose not to reveal in this particular venue =). If you care to know, send me an email or give me a call =).




Why Austin makes me happy, in no particular order:




* Breakfast Tacos


* swimming at Barton Springs at 9:00 p.m., followed by Amy's Ice Cream


* The friends whose family has "hoe-downs" and makes the best Margaritas in town.


* The friends who play practical jokes and inspire the semi-criminal element in others; which in turn necessitates the removal of the Miss Piggy key from its usual locale ... you know who you are.


* Maudie's


* Maudie's Too


* Bonnie Raitt, Kris Kristofferson and Auditorium Shores


* Singing the Gloria in all of its glory at FBC


* Church de Soleil


* Discussing the merits of Killer Mike lyrics with The Attorney


* the stars at night -- because they really are big and bright, if you get far enough out of town


* Eating at Central Market and watching all the kids play


* Live music EVERYWHERE


* Free WiFi


* Two-steppin' at the Broken Spoke


* Threadgill's




Blessings and Peace, y'all ...

7 comments:

Richard said...

Like thge dis coubt down ;)

Annette said...

Huh? Oh wait...he likes the diss countdown. Wherever did you get it?

That is a lovely picture from my wedding.

I am glad you are going to have fun in Austin. It is a fun place. Of course, my trips to Austin also involved trips to the in-laws. Because this is a public forum, I will not specify whether that would be a pro or a con on a trip to Austin. I think you know. :)

Unknown said...

you forgot the most important.... Mongolian BBQ on North Lamar!! Basically the best resturant in the entire world!!! (oh and don't pay any attention to those few run in's they have had with the dept of health....)

Anonymous said...

I like that photo, but how does it relate to Austin? Hope that you have a wonderful, profitable trip.

texasinafrica said...

Woo-hoo! Can't wait for you to get here. And I'm sorry about the key. Really.

You'd better be bringing pictures of the other reason for your joy... :)

Angela said...

The picture relates to joy and it relates to Texas and I just like it ... as to OTHER pictures, I'll see what I can do =).

Annette said...

I want to see other pictures too.

That picture may be joy and Texas, but it is Conroe and not Austin :)