Friday, May 25, 2007

Too good ...

to not share.

On the final exam, I asked the 102 students to describe their favorite holiday and the family traditions associated with that holiday. One student started by saying that Christmas is his favorite holiday because of the food. He then goes on to explain, that Santa Claus doesn't come to his house, but that he can be found at the mall. And the story continues (my translation):

I think Santa Claus is very big and red. He has lots of red on his sweater, his suitcase, and on Mrs. Claus. Santa Claus is best friends with the Easter Bunny. The Easter Bunny is very white with lots of eggs. Santa Claus thinks eggs are bad, but he eats 20 a night. My family would like to invite Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny to dinner. Santa Claus would like to eat the Easter Bunny. But the Easter Bunny would like to give Santa Claus flowers. But Santa Claus doesn't need flowers, so, for Easter dinner, his family eats meat, happy meat. The children who come from the Easter Bunny have no father. Christmas is of course a fantastic day.

I love my job.

No comments: