Sunday, June 03, 2007

Ah, Bamberg, how I love thee...


They don't tell you who the saints are, they just expect you to know...


My lovely apartment, one level above the street ... that's my bedroom on the left, and the other two windows are to my living room. Right across from Bolero, my favorite Tapas bar, and upstairs from La Comédie, a cute little theatre.


The x-games festival they were having today. I watched a man with very pink hair skate board for a while. And I saw LOTS of tattoos, mohawks, and fun fashion choices. There was also some kind of rollerblade race. Oh, and yes. I think that man is grabbing/scratching his own butt.


Happy students and host families.


More happy students and host families.


The ever-lovely Rathaus.


The rose by my front door.


My holy hallway.


Saint #1 (Mary?)



Saint #2 (Joseph?)


Jesus (with the sacred heart?)


Stairway to ...

... wait for it ...

... my apartment. I know what you thought I was going to say, but I'm not (quite) that cheesy. Well, at least not always. Although I clearly thought about it.



The Ikea living room...


The Ikea lamps in the bedroom...


The guest room and me (more fabulous Ikea goodness).


The kitchen, which has everything my little heart desires ... including Earl Grey tea, which really hit the spot this afternoon.

1 comment:

Annette said...

Doesn't Ikea make the world a more Swedish-fabulous place?

Thanks for the pictures of your apartment. I am guessing I would be jealous of the weather, too. Although the 4 sustained days of blue skies around here did make front page news (seriously), it is pushing 90 degrees so it limits outdoor time. Pray for a breeze when you are here in August.

Looking forward to my trip to Europe! I will be in Perth and Shanghai before then, though - this month is going to fly by!!